Nov 29, 2010

Review: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Title: Dear John
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Date Published: Aug. 5th 2007
Genre: Fiction, Romance 
My Rating: 










An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love—and face the hardest decision of his life.


John Tyree is the bad boy and Savannah Lynn Curtis is the good girl, you can predict pretty much everything that is going to happen in the book, or so you might think. Also a depressing story like most Nicholas Sparks books, or so I have heard since I haven't read all his books. In this story you are surprised by some of John's decisions and in my opinion I despised most of them. What is it so hard about staying with the girl you love? I understand his patriotic side and the need he has to protect his country but it makes me wonder if this story could ever be real. All i can say is that I wouldn't want to be neither one of these characters.


Despite my negative words, I liked this book. I decided to read this book knowing the movie was coming out, bought it two days before the movie and finished it on time. This book is a light, quick read. The movie was off a bit, especially the end...  disappointing. Good book. Read first, then movie!




The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to know or talk about email me or just comment below :)