Oct 4, 2011

Wither (The Chemical Garden #1) by Lauren DeStefano


Title: Wither (The Chemical Garden #1)
Author: Lauren DeStefano
Pages: Hardcover 358 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Date Published: March 22nd 2011
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance
My Rating: 
 





Goodreads

Obviously, something went terribly wrong. Genetic mutations have festered, reducing human longevity to twenty-five, even less for most women. To prevent extinction, young girls are kidnapped, mated in polygamous marriages with men eager to procreate. Sixteen-year-old Rhine Ellery, a recent victim of this breeding farm mentality, has vowed to break loose from its fetters; but finding allies and a safe way out is a challenge she can only hope she will survive. A dystopian fantasy series starter with wings. Editor's recommendation.

Better summary of the book go here!

My Review

Amazing. Absolutely, remarkable.

What a strange book. By strange I mean this book goes nowhere but goes everywhere at the same time. Confusing, I know. The setting of this story pretty much stays the same throughout the whole book, you don’t go on an adventure like most in most books but this story proves that you don’t need to! From the beginning this book captures the reader’s attention, from there on you become part of the story. I seriously felt I was there with the characters in that house, even felt imprisoned. I felt seriously connected with this book.

The only thing I didn’t like about this book was the guy characters, Gabriel I can stand but I still feel he was missing something but I really can’t handle Linden, I really dislike his character he annoys me and even grosses me out I have no idea why. I like the rest of the characters, each one is very unique, my favorite is Jenna, and even Linden’s father is an interesting character. This book was different, besides the love triangle, there is no book like it, the story was morbid at times, I just loved it.

Okay one last thing, out of all the books I’ve read I have only cried with at the most three, not even One Day made me cry, its hard for me to get emotional with just anything, but this book had a section where I couldn’t help it, it was way too sad and unexpected.

I recommend this book to EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to know or talk about email me or just comment below :)