Sep 29, 2011

Beastly by Alex Flinn


Title: Beastly
Author: Alex Flinn
Pages: Hardcover 304 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
Date Published: October 1st 2007
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
My Rating: 
 







Goodreads

I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.

My Review

For starters I will admit this book was not for me. I really believed it was of my taste but once I read it I realized it wasn’t. It is a temporary version of Beauty and the Beast and I was really excited to read it. The book is small but it took me a while to finish it, I’m guessing it was because it wasn’t seizing my attention. It was a good story and I understand why a lot of people liked it. It had its romance and its moral but it just wasn’t for me. I’m not going to say it was a bad book because it wasn’t, I am sure many of you will like it. It had a good little twist at the end that was pretty clever. I know this review was way too short but I hope you enjoy this book a little more than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to know or talk about email me or just comment below :)