Feb 21, 2011

Review: Butterface by Gwen Hayes

Title: Butterface
Author: Gwen Hayes
Publisher: Self-Published
Date Published: April 21st 2010
Genre: Young Adult, Short Story
My Rating: 





Goodreads


When love isn't lucky...or pretty.

The scars on Beth's face aren't nearly as deep as the ones she nurses on the inside. She was born with hemifacial microsamia and was supposed to feel "lucky" that she wasn't as disfigured as some people.

One boy, Lucky O'Leary starts to find the cracks in her hard shell and finds himself falling for her. Only Lucky has a secret--he needs to bring Beth to a "dog dinner" or lose his spot on the team. She can't find out that the guy who brings the ugliest date wins a prize.

Young Adult Short Story--8000 words


A short story I absolutely enjoyed. I had not read anything like this which made this story very different and special. Since the beginning I was pulled in to the story and I fell in love with the characters Beth and Lucky. Lucky is not your typical jock surprisingly, he is very sweet and protective of Beth. Beth is a very unique character, she has a face deformity that doesn't make her look perfect. Beth is very interesting because she plays real tough and careless but in reality needs that shoulder to cry on once in a while. I do recommend you read it because it is a quick read and it is unique.


So far you can only find this book on  Amazon Kindle. (That I know of haha)

4 comments:

  1. This story sounds SO good, but I can't do e-books. :( I HATE being practically blind!! lol

    But great review, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! just hoppin by! new follower!! the cover of this book is so simple and pretty!

    love the blog! found it on the YA book blog directory! =] follow me too?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi thanks for following! now i'm following you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book until now but it looks good! I am proud to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to know or talk about email me or just comment below :)